|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Passive Time|
|14 biscuits||15 minutes||15 minutes||30 minutes|
|14 biscuits||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||Passive Time|
|15 minutes||30 minutes|
- 1 1/2 cup plain flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cup mashed sweet potatoes cooked
- Preheat Oven to 425 degrees.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Cut in shortening until mixture is like coarse meal.
- Combine milk and potato, mixing until fairly smooth.
- Blend into flour mixture.
- Roll out to 1/2 inch thickness and cut into 1 1/2 inch rounds.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
Note on how to cook sweet potatoes:
Wash sweet potatoes very well.
Coat skin with cooking oil using a barbeque brush.
Cover cookie sheet with heavy duty aluminum foil.
Fill cookie sheet with sweet potatoes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour.
Once cooked, Peel sweet potatoes and mash for use in this recipe.
Or let sweet potatoes cool to room temperature then place in ziplock bag and freeze for later use.
Share this Recipe